Saturday, February 20, 2010

HOT Scottish Southern Missouri Hippie Wedding with a Campfire

Ah, so I'm digging deep into the my favorite weddings bank while still on the portfolio journey and ran across possibly my all time favorite experience shooting a wedding...The Scottish/Hippie Wedding.


It was a perfectly soaking wet humid July day in 2008. The hottest day of the year...and Gabe and Shiela were having a wedding. This match made in heaven met at Sherwood Forest Camp, the same camp I attended growing up and then worked at. I have known Gabe's family since before I met Gabe. And then Gabe met Shiela...who traveled from Scotland to work at the same little camp in southern Missouri with underprivileged children from St. Louis. This alone defined her as a special person in my book. We were all soo happy when they decided to "make it official".


I really didn't know what to expect photographing their wedding. But I knew it would be fun. It was held at Missouri Outdoors, a campground off the river. All the guests actually camped overnight before and after. Sheila's family traveled from Scotland for the event and seemed like a perfect match for Gabe's colorful, tie-dyed, let loose and easy going family. The whole weekend was a celebrate of the union.


The heat however, made a huge impact on the experience...and on my photography. The generators failed, things were burning, my boyfriend passed out with heat exhaustion and by sunset, my lenses were were fogging with humidity. But alas, I was able to catch a few moments from the day.

Gabe and Shiela, you two are amazing! 
 
  
 

2 comments:

Unknown February 21, 2010 at 2:36 AM  

Aaw, thanks Sarah! It was a wonderful day, and I'm glad we have all your beautiful photographs so we never forget it!

Carla February 21, 2010 at 7:09 AM  

It was an amazing wedding, wasn't it? And how many times have you taken wedding pictures of the groom's men in kilts shooting moons? I don't even like weddings, but that one was the topper. Thanks for the summer wind on a winter's day.