Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lake Merritt + Astrid = Awesome

Ahh....headshots.....headshot shoot that turns fashion...I love! 

Astrid arrived at my home where we began our fun shoot. It amazes me what natural (or unnatural) backgrounds surrounds us without having to lug around a big set up. Walking with Astrid into the overgrown and undervalued backyard behind the apartment building with camera in hand, I instantly saw the textured backdrops surrounding us. I was soo happy we were on the same page about shooting. She was ready to jump into bushes and sit in broken chairs. Perfect! We then headed to Lake Merritt which I've been hankering to photograph someone around. It's could use more positive attention and lots of love. So let the love shine!

I used to dread headshots. Right out of school I worked in a studio that was part of a larger camera store. Lighting was generic...as were the headshots. They were more like mugshots and working under a 75 year old senior photographer...I had little say except on his days off. Those are the days I brought out the red back drop!

I used only natural light with Astrid and kept it very simple. That's the KISS method. (keep it simple stupid...my professors would be so proud).  Along the same note, these images were barely touched in post processing. Lightroom basic adjustments and walah! These are just a few of my favorites...but there were so many to choose form. Thanks Astrid for another fun day! Can't wait for more!!!!! 

0 comments: