Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Solstice Grove's Eco Yurt Living

Wow. What a beautiful surprise to happen upon this during my Saturday adventure to Solstice Grove outside of Fairfax. I was attending another event put on by the Seven Circles Foundation. "An organization established to promote and support spiritual practices based on the ancient ways of Native American Indigenous People."

I've begun photographing for the organization pro-bono as well as highlighting the founder and native American elder, Fred Wahpepah...an amazing and inspiring individual. More on that later.

On this day, I arrived at Solstice Grove...a magical land protected from the world by a peculiar automatic mystical wooden gate and it's ranch of horses behind it. I finally found my way through the horses and up the road to the community house where the event was to be held.  I was welcomed by Astrid (pictured above) who lives on the land and to my surprise...lives in a yurt. What a fantastic place to live! My intrigue and her need to feed Luna, her cat, won me a free ticket to tour de yurt. I soon discovered that Astrid found this land by what some may call happenstance and others may call fate. Astrid said the land called her...and I can see why. 


It is the perfect place for an Eco Interior Designer and Sustainability Consultant to focus on writing a reference book. The images do not do justice to the space that Astrid has created hand in hand alongside nature's natural creations. It's decided...I need to live in a yurt! 

For more information about Astrid and the work she does check out her site Astrid Design.

0 comments: