Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hallelujah

Today was the first day I feel like I've seen light in weeks. The rain stopped. The skies cleared and I went for a walk. As I continue my wedding portfolio journey, I came across this image taken from a beautiful and colorful Sikh wedding I photographed in the fall . I've been re-living that day...all day...and it's been a good day. It's not easy editing down a wedding from nearly 2,000 images to my goal of 12...the magic story number. Not that every story's number is 12. It's just good to have a goal. 

I was called last minute to be a second shooter for a wedding I knew nothing about. But of course I hopped on the opportunity. It was like shooting my first wedding. I had no idea what was going on or where was appropriate to stand. I photographed barefoot with a scarf on my head and loved every minute of it. 

It was kinda like the feeling that Avatar created...being in a world not your own...but really we all speak the same language....just a little less blue.

This is my "teaser" post while I continue to widdle down images from this wedding for my next post.


The title comes from the song played at the time of naming this post.

0 comments: