Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Music Ad


After reading an article on photographing music shows I was inspired to make this ad. Music photography is one of my first loves and one of the many things I would photograph even without backstage passes...although that seems to improve the quality of the images. ;)

I began photographing musicians in college when I started hanging out with the town punk band, "Nonstop 3" or rather, "the kids" when I first met them. I fell in love with the excitement of being around these guys who were like my own personal Green Day...and I may have had a small thing for the drummer. I thought my path was sealed and hung on to the romantic idea that I'd one day shoot for Rolling Stone Magazine. Well...it might still happen and I did find myself a good drummer. Regardless, I hope to be shooting A Lot more music. So maybe this advertisement will help me get some work doing what I love.

I should also mention the band in the ad is The Midwest Avengers. I had the privilege of hanging out with them for a few shows in St. Louis. A super cool and talented group of guys that I hope to photograph on tour in the future.

3 comments:

Anonymous January 27, 2010 at 5:23 PM  

Thank u :) look at this emo boy style over this blog:
http://emo--boys.blogspot.com

A. Dubs January 27, 2010 at 6:51 PM  

Thanks for the love, Ms. Cross.

Your work--featured in Headbanger Hip-Hop our current release's artwork---was most appreciated, and we look forward to working with you in the future!

Anonymous June 24, 2011 at 9:08 PM  

The singer from Nonstop3 was WAAAYYY hotter...

You've turned into quite an amazing photographer!

Much Love,

"Nonstop" Mike Q